CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:44:19 +0000
From:
Seitz Arne <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:

Dear Gabor,

in the Handbook of Biological Confocal Microscopy in Chapter 16 ("Fluorophores for Confocal Microscopy: Photophysics and Photochemistry" by R. Tsien, L. Ernst, A. Waggoner) you can find a nice calculation of the efficiency of confocal systems. In essence: Per fluorophore you obtain photoelectron per sweep. This might serve a s a good starting point to make calculations for WF systems.
For the single molecule experiment you should be able to measure the photons which arrive at the camera (as done in many point localization papers). Knowing the fluorophore and the excitation intensity (at least roughly) you should be able to calculate the efficiency of the microscope pathway.

Have a nice day.

Cheers
Arne