CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 07:49:19 -0600
8bit
From:
George McNamara <[log in to unmask]>

3-photon confocal vs 3-photon PSF vs other modes (calculations) in
figure 2 of Schrader, Bahlmann, Hell 1997 Optik

http://www3.mpibpc.mpg.de/groups/hell/publications/pdf/Optik_104_116-124.pdf

Here is a recent paper on tri-exciton (a 3 photon process) imaging (see
references for earlier triexciton imaging):
http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0064023
his study describes a simple technique that improves a recently
developed 3D sub-diffraction imaging method based on three-photon
absorption of commercially available quantum dots. The method combines
imaging of biological samples via tri-exciton generation in quantum dots
with deconvolution and spectral multiplexing, resulting in a novel
approach for multi-color imaging of even thick biological samples at a
1.4 to 1.9-fold better spatial resolution. This approach is realized on
a conventional confocal microscope equipped with standard
continuous-wave lasers. We demonstrate the potential of multi-color
tri-exciton imaging of quantum dots combined with deconvolution on viral
vesicles in lentivirally transduced cells as well as intermediate
filaments in three-dimensional clusters of mouse-derived neural stem
cells (neurospheres) and dense microtubuli arrays in myotubes formed by
stacks of differentiated C2C12 myoblasts.

enjoy,

George

--

George McNamara, Ph.D.