CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:50:47 +0000
From:
"Laevsky, Gary S." <[log in to unmask]>
base64
Sender:
Thank you all for the responses.  I guess what I thought was simple was not the case.

As I had not done the experiments, and when I explain our setup, you’ll see our limitations, and what were some great take home points.

We cannot put a pinhole in front of our non-descanned detector (maybe we could, but it would not be trivial), and we do not have any descanned detectors on this system (it is MP only).
An additional IR block in front of the detector may be useful.
Broadband excitation of multiple flours needs to be considered.  We can modify filters here.
I had no idea you approached WF psf so fast as you open a pinhole past 1 Airy.
In xy, the psf between 2P and 1P will be relatively equivalent, but not so in z.

If I am wrong on any of these points, I would gratefully like to know, off list.

Thanks so much.

Best,

Gary

Gary Laevsky, Ph.D.