CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

From:
John Oreopoulos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2013 11:20:11 -0500

Hi Colin,

I believe W. E. Moerner did quite a bit of the pioneering work in the imaging and spectroscopy of fluorescent molecules at low temperatures, which played a big role in development of optical single-moleucule spectroscopy and microscopy as an entire research field. Here's his website:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/moerner/sms_gen.html

I would try looking at his selected publication list at the end. I think there might be some relevant information that you're seeking. In particular, these publications stand out:

W. E. Moerner, "Single-Molecule Optical Spectroscopy of Autofluorescent Proteins," J. Chem. Phys. 117, 10925 (2002).

W. E. Moerner, “Single-Molecule Optical Spectroscopy and Imaging: From Early Steps to Recent Advances,” in Single Molecule Spectroscopy in Chemistry, Physics and Biology: Nobel Symposium 138, Springer Series in Chemical Physics Vol. 96, A. Gräslund, R. Rigler, J. Widengren, Eds. ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2009).

Cheers,

John Oreopoulos
Staff Scientist
Spectral Applied Research Inc.