CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

From:
Kurt Thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 13:50:02 -0800

My sense is also that the new LED sources are brighter than Hg lamps,
except possibly at the very brightest mercury peaks (365, 546 nm).  For
GFP, they are for sure brighter.  True LEDs have been somewhat dim in
the 560 nm range, which is why Lumencor uses an LED-pumped phosphor for
those wavelengths.  This gives very bright 560 emission.

Kurt