CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

From:
Csúcs Gábor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 12:33:30 +0000

Dear All,

I made a quick search but found nothing really useful. My question is the
following: does anyone have some data/literature how efficient microscopes
are in detecting the photons of a fluorescent sample? Obviously the NA and
the QE of the camera (plus the performance filters/dichroics) are
important factors but taken e.g. A single molecule experiment with a 1.49
NA objective and a back-illuminated EM-CCD what ration of the emitted
photons really reach the detector? Of course the transmission of the
objectives and other lenses in the microscopes can vary but is there still
an estimate?

Thanks     Gabor