CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

From:
Sylvie Le Guyader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 2013 14:57:41 +0000

Hi Nate

Rebuild your surface wizard,
select an ROI around the cavity
choose a high smoothing factor
at the threshold step (set 4 of 5), set the minimum value to 0 and the max value to quite low so that you select the inside of your cavity
finish the wizard
then at the top menu edit/preferences/statistics/surface, deselect everything except volume.
Now going back to your surface object, you can go to the statistic tab/selection/specific value
select your cavity in the image to find out what its volume is.

The ability of the threshold to identify your cavity will of course depend on your signal to noise ratio but I guess your cavity is black.

Hope that helps :)

Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards

Sylvie

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@