CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2013

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:59:08 -0800

Eaton line conditioners have gotten us through several power interruptions. The stated power requirements on your eqt. may lead you to buy more than you really need.    But, their LED readouts will tell you how hard they are working and you can reassign them accordingly.   2000 AH handles the lasers for an FV-1000 confocal with a 1000 AH (overkill) for the confocal’s electronics to give us 10-15 min to finish the scan and shutdown.  Another 2000 AH protects a fully motorized inverted scope, ASI stage, 3 Sutter filter wheels, 2 cameras, 175 W xenon lamp and computer.  Don’t forget to tell your users that these units will all be sounding alarms when the power goes out.

Glen MacDonald
	Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
	Cellular Morphology Core
Center on Human Development and Disability
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156