CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2014

From:
Zdenek Svindrych <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:22:32 +0100

Hi Kurt,

have you checked the specs of your I/O board? High impedance analog outputs
are rare on good quality lab equipment and high impedance digital outputs
are a mere nonsense. It is possible that your board uses 3.3V interface,
this is common on modern cheapo hardware. You cancheck this with an
oscilloscope (or voltmeter) andsome dummy load.

Just check whether there are some hardware jumpers or software settings that
could swithch the outputs to low impedance.

The same may apply for your laser. High impedance (about 1 kOhm) is more
common, the 50 Ohm is an option that might be "deactivated". Again look into
some detailed manual.

It is simple to build a level converter or a buffer yourself. I couldn't
find any simple ready solution for you on the net... Most of the results
(both devices and schematics) I could find are impedance converters for very
high frequencies, that's an overkill.

Good luck!

zdenek svindrych

1st faculty of medicine, cuni.cz