CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
Manoj Mathew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 16:13:19 +0530

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to inform you about the Sixth Bangalore Microscopy Course
scheduled for Sep. 21-28, 2014, organized at the National Center for
Biological Sciences (NCBS) in Bangalore, India.

Initiated by Ron Vale, Nico Stuurman (from UCSF), H. Krishnamurthy and
Satyajit Mayor (at NCBS), the course is now organized  with the additional
help of Kurt Thorn (UCSF), Jason Swedlow (University of Dundee) and myself.
This course  provides didactic and hands-on training in a variety of light
microscopy techniques and is taught by outstanding international leaders in
microscopy.

The course is supported by almost all major microscopy and camera vendors
and is held in the first-rate teaching labs and microscopy facilities at
the NCBS.  This course follows the previous five Bangalore Microscopy
Courses, organized since 2009, which were terrific successes and made a big
impact on the students who attended.

 The course is designed for graduate students (PhD Scholars) and
postdoctoral fellows (although an advanced undergraduate, faculty member,
or industry scientist also would be welcome).  The course is truly
international with students (and faculty) attending from Asia, Europe and
the US.

 *We would appreciate if you could encourage potentially interested and
outstanding individuals to apply to the course.*

 We also would appreciate if you could disseminate information about this
course by word-of-mouth or through email to graduate students/postdocs at
your institution.

 Additional information and application procedure can be found on the
course website:

*http://www.ncbs.res.in/events/microscopy2014/
<http://www.ncbs.res.in/events/microscopy2014/> Application deadline is
30-May-2014 *Best wishes
Jitu Mayor, Ron Vale,  Kurt Thorn, Nico Stuurman, Jason Swedlow, Manoj
 Mathew and H. Krishnamurthy,
Organizers of BMC VI, 2014

--
Manoj Mathew, PhD
Technology Consultant

Professor
Biomedical Engineering
Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology
Thrissur, Kerala