CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:19:16 -0600

I've used a USB2.0 machine vision camera from Edmund Optics for histology
stains for around $800. It offers binning which lets you trade resolution
for speed:
http://www.edmundoptics.com/imaging/cameras/board-level-cameras/eo-usb-2-0-board-level-cameras/2947

ThorLabs offers an even cheaper camera which I have used for transmitted
light to good effect on another system:
http://www.thorlabs.com/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=4024

The main limit of these cameras is somewhat reduced sensitivity and low bit
depth, but for phase contrast it should be 'good enough'.

Craig Brideau