CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2014

From:
Arvydas Matiukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2014 15:14:25 -0400

We use following safety/security measures:
1)reserving confocal time via online calendar is allowed
only for trained/certified users (each has a password protected login)
2) card key access to the confocal room only for trained/certified users
3) password protected login to the confocal computer along with
monitoring who/when logs in/off (Greyware Logon Monitor software).

We did not have anybody using the room for other purposes than imaging.
Occasionally   some mess is left, most often by new users. I try
personally
observe each new user imaging and show what is expected in terms of
cleaning up.

Good luck,
Arvydas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arvydas Matiukas, Ph.D.
Director of Confocal&Two-Photon Imaging Core Facility
Department of Neuroscience
SUNY Upstate Medical University

>>> Patty Conrad  03/14/14 3:32 PM >>>

I am wondering what methods others use for security in their imaging
rooms.
Spy cameras?  Digital keypad access to room? Others?
I'd like to know which systems you use and how happy you are with them.
If
spy cam*how good is the signal, recording to your office computer, night
vision?

Currently we track usage via the computer login, but we have been having

issues with someone leaving messes in the room but not actually logging
in to
use the equipment, hence our need for a spy cam or a keypad access so we

know at any time who has actually entered the room regardless if they
are
logging onto the equipment.