CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2014

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 10:12:06 -0500
From:
Kevin W Eliceiri <[log in to unmask]>
inline

Dear All,

For the past four years, the ImageJ team at LOCI (www.loci.wisc.edu), University of
Wisconsin-Madison, has been working tirelessly to expand the paradigm of
ImageJ beyond its original limitations. Our primary focus has been on
supporting fully n-dimensional scientific images of arbitrary sizes and
data types, while we also endeavored to make ImageJ more interoperable
with other software applications, easier to extend, and more modular.

Today, the ImageJ team is pleased to announce a public release
candidate: ImageJ 2.0.0-rc-2. We tested the first release candidate
internally, but now is the time to engage the community: please test the
second release candidate with your favorite workflows.

ImageJ 2.0.0 uses the same user interface as ImageJ 1.x. Actually you
can think of it as providing a layer of functionality on top of ImageJ
1.x, as Fiji has done for the past several years. New versions of
ImageJ1 developed by Wayne Rasband will continue to slot in seamlessly
with ImageJ2. This allows you to keep using ImageJ in familiar ways,
while also enabling migration toward more powerful new features as
needed.

Please feel free to test the release candidate either by downloading the
.zip file (http://developer.imagej.net/downloads) or by installing or
updating Fiji (http://fiji.sc/). You can expect frequent updates in the
near future as issues are addressed.

Please find more detailed information in our blog post:
http://developer.imagej.net/2014/06/04/imagej-200-release-candidate

Cheers,
The ImageJ2 development team
http://developer.imagej.net/

--
Kevin W. Eliceiri
Director, Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation (LOCI)