CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

September 2014

From:
James Wainwright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2014 06:26:34 +0000

[Manufacturer Response]

Hi Vitaly,

I work for Andor as a Microscopy Support Engineer and have seen at least two instances of our cameras on bottom ports - one on a Zeiss Axiovert (iXon EMCCD) and one on an Olympus IX (Neo sCMOS).

In the first case, the user simply mounted the camera (and Ludl filter wheel) using the C-mount, but ensured that the camera would not be accidentally kicked by users of the microscope by building their own plastic "cage" around the camera.

In the second case, we designed and supplied a mounting frame that bolted to the underside of the table, although I have to admit it was not fun to install due to needing to sit under the table and work against gravity!

My feeling is that C-mount would be sufficient, as long as you can ensure the camera does not get bumped. If you're worried (e.g. movement of filter wheel could cause wobble), then speak to us or your mechanical department and have a frame of some sort made.

I believe our standard thread on the cameras is 1/4 20.

Hope this helps!

James