CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2014

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2014 21:22:43 +0200
From:
Emmanuel Levy <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Zdenek,

For these measurements we used a 60X UplanApo, 1.35NA so I do not believe
that the objective is the problem. The Borealis option does not exist for
the W1 but it does suggest that things could be improved.

If there are other users of the W1, I would be keen to know what values you
get.

The sample observed is a specific yeast cell tagged with YFP, we avoided
the Chroma fluorescent slides as we read that it was not optimal to check
uniformity. I should mention that under the conditions tested bleaching was
negligible (the "center" positioning was measured at the beginning and at
the end of all measurements, and gave the same value).

A colleague suggested that the laser was not properly focused at the back
focal plane on the objective. But I cannot check this as I cannot open the
W1 box myself (or I'd loose the warranty).

Thanks for your feedback,

Emmanuel