CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2014

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 19:53:58 +0200
From:
Emmanuel Levy <[log in to unmask]>

Dear All,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to address a few points that were
raised:

- The objective is 60X oil, plan Apo
- The sample is thin and did not bleach
- The laser is indeed not perfectly aligned but I do not think it could
explain the >80% variation seen across the FOV.

One important addition: this problem is absent in brightfield (even with
the disk engaged of course). Therefore, the field number should be OK along
the light path. To me, this confirms that the problem is in the
illumination and not the collection.

If there are W1 users, I'd be really grateful if you could share your
experience.

Thank you,

Emmanuel