CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2015

Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 09:27:10 +0000
From:
"Doube, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> Invalid RFC822 field - "=". Rest of header flushed.

Hi Vitaly,

Maybe this will be of interest:

"Tests show modern SSDs can handle a thousand years of use"

http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/05/ssd-2-petabytes-of-data/

I have a couple of Samsung 840 Pros in RAID 0 which can write at something like 800 MB/s - 1 GB/s. At least, fast enough to write a stream of USB3 data without choking. So far, so good. Also have OCZ Vertex 4s in a similar setup which have been fine so far - mostly I use these as a large temp cache for camera capture and tomographic reconstruction. I haven't done a serious benchmark comparing the two.

Michael

>> Dear List,
>> Have you compared and/or tested performance of OCZ RevoDrive 350, OCZ Z drive 4500 and Intel's SSD P3700 PCIe SSDs when handling 100 GB+ incompressible data sets for transient data processing coupled with 2-3 single, non-raid SSDs for multi-threaded data caching? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
>> Thank you.
>> Vitaly<http://www.rvc.ac.uk>

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College.