CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2015

From:
Barbara Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2015 20:41:55 -0600

Hi, Steffen

Many thanks for the correction on the date for
Rheinberg!  Funny... I think that that came from
some ancient literature ... I will have to search
my files to see if there is still a copy.

One point about darkfield and NA: Actually, the
rays emerging from the condenser are at the
condenser's maximum NA.  The  cone in the middle
excludes the components of smaller NAs.  For this
reason, patch stops will only work with low NA
objectives.  However, because only a narrow band
of illumination is selected, the light is highly
coherent.  Again, scattering theory rather than
diffraction theory determines what can be detected.

Best regards
Barbara Foster, President & Chief Consultant
Microscopy/Microscopy Education*
www.MicroscopyEducation.com

"Education, not Training"

MME is currently scheduling courses for now and
through June 2015. Call us today for a free training evaluation.

*A subsidiary of The Microscopy & Imaging Place, Inc.
7101 Royal Glen Trail, Suite A  - McKinney, TX 75070 - P: 972-924-5310