CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2015

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2015 12:24:26 -0600

I've been using a linear brushless DC motor stage like what Michael
mentioned. They are quite speedy and might do the trick. The model I've
been using is the Thorlabs MLS203. One thing to keep in mind with the
linear brushless motors is they have no holding force when powered down, so
you be aware that the platform freewheels when the power is cut. They are
very quick though, somewhat similar to how maglev trains move.

Craig