CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2017

From:
jens rietdorf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:24:19 -0200

Dear Michael,

direct coupling of the main heat sources to the waste air system will
greatly alleviate the needs for local HVAC.

The power consumption of your confocal should be available from the
provider, however 5kWh, ie. about 17kBTU should in any case be sufficient
for a system you describe. That said be aware you will anyways need to
change the air volume of the room >10 times per hour, so it will depend on
the specifications of that incoming air how much extra heat load you will
need to compensate for by the local HVAC system.

Make sure the sensor is positioned at about the height of your microscope
stage, prevent the HVAC system from blowing cold air directly onto the
micrsocope or the sensor.

Kind regards,
Jens

Dr. Jens Rietdorf, visiting scientist @ center for technological
development in health CDTS, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation Fiocruz, Rio de Janeiro
Brasil.