CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2017

From:
Dan Focht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2017 23:22:19 -0500

Claire

My main concern is the type of bond or sealant used to bond the lower element in the lens or the material the barrel of the lens tube is made of.
The bond or tube could have a surface porosity where dye could become bound.
The glass will clean but residual dye elsewhere could be a problem.

Dan

> On Feb 14, 2017, at 10:20 PM, Claire Brown, Dr. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> I have a user who would like to do a multiphoton experiment with dipping lenses with rhodamine dye in the dipping solution.
> Would this be a problem for the dipping lenses?
> I would assume as long as the lens is cleaned well after use it should be fine.
>
> Anyone think otherwise?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Claire

Dan Focht