CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2017

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2017 11:00:54 +0100

Well, I used Hoechst once to stain nuclei in a tissue. Despite cleaning
of the dipping objective, we did see nuclear staining in subsequent
experiments. So yes, the lens may carry over a dye. Whether or not this
is a problem depends, of course. At the time it didn't bother us too
much and eventually the effect was lost.

It might help to keep the lens in a large water bath for some hours
(with flow?), to speed up the wash out.

Steffen

Am 15.02.2017 um 04:20 schrieb Claire Brown, Dr.:

> Post images on http://www.imgur.com and include the link in your posting.
> *****
>
> I have a user who would like to do a multiphoton experiment with dipping lenses with rhodamine dye in the dipping solution.
> Would this be a problem for the dipping lenses?
> I would assume as long as the lens is cleaned well after use it should be fine.
>
> Anyone think otherwise?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Claire

Steffen Dietzel, PD Dr. rer. nat