CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1994

From:
Chi-Bin Chien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 23:04:44 PDT
Michael Stanley asks about his Diaphot, on which the slider that switches
between the eyepieces and the camera port has become sticky.

We have had an even worse problem, which is that the prism on our Diaphot
200 (attached to a Noran Odyssey) appears to have slipped a few millimeters,
with the result that the camera port now has a different field of view
than the eyepieces, and the laser beam entering the confocal cannot be
aligned properly. Nikon says that there may have been a problem with
the cement used on very early Diaphot 200s (of which ours is one).

To their credit, Nikon has promised to fix this microscope with one-
week turnaround time, but we will be sans scope for that period.

Chi-Bin Chien
Dept. of Biology
UC San Diego