CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1994

From:
Danny Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 09:45:30 +1000
Hello, as I've mentioned a few times in the past, we've been unhappy with
BioRad's software delivery and we still haven't heard when the new version
of COMOS is going to be released. The one that is sort of integrated with
SOM. It was mentioned as not being too far away when our MRC600 was
installed ... two years ago. Not that I'm blaming the local rep. I'm sure
he was just operating on the info he had from England, where supposedly 18
months ago the confocal software staff were doubled and placed under better
management (according to Andrew Dixon).

Now I see adds in Science (eg 30 September, p2117) for the MRC 1024 with
LaserSharp software.

Maybe somebody knows:
   Is this the standard software supplied with an MRC 1000?
   Will it work on the MRC600?
   exactly what are BioRad going with software?
   is any development happening with the 600?

I'd be grateful for *any* useful replies.

cheers,
Danny Thomas  ([log in to unmask])