CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1994

From:
Geoff Hyde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 1994 09:38:52 -0500
I am trying to find someone who would be willing to lend, for a very short
period, a filter block suitable for pH ratioing on the Biorad MRC
600, most preferably one designed for use with SNARF-1. A full SNARF set
includes both a K1-style block for getting the laser to the specimen, and
then a K2-style block with two emission filters for the actual ratioing. It
is the K2-style block that I am after, since we already have a K1 block
that has the right filter characteristics. I am already imaging Ca using
SNARF as a cytoplasmic volume indicator, in conjunction with FLUO-3 for Ca.
So I have no trouble getting SNARF into my cells (fungal hyphae).

Why to borrow? I am just finishing up a post-doc here at York University in
Toronto (with Brent Heath) and I only have till Xmas to finish off my work.
We dont know if there wil be any one to continue the work when I go, and
Brent is reluctant to spend the money on the filter block, especially since
his budget is slightly in the red already.

Given that I can already get the dye in, even a week or two would be enough
to get some significant results (dont laugh) so if you have one you could
spare for some short time, or know someone else who might, I would love to
hear from you. Any costs involved in shipping would of course be covered by
us.

Geoff Hyde
416 736 2100 X77835 Phone
416 736 5698        FAX

PS Our confocal unit would also be interested in procuring a second-hand K2
filter block.