CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
From:
Scott Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 1995 07:58:20 -0600
I have tried posting this several times, but never saw it come through.  If it
shows up more than once, I apologize.

> On Tue, 24 Jan 1995, Paul Goodwin wrote:
>
> > Do any confocal manufacturers generate multiple planes in a single
> TIFF
> > file or do all TIFF converters that are being used create a single
> TIFF
> > file for each section?
> >

> As far as I know, Intervision, the software that NORAN supplies with
> their
> confocal, can generate multiple tiff files. I am afraid that they
> are not standard multiple tiff though.
>

> Stamatis Pagakis
> University Laboratory of Physiology
> University of Oxford, Parks Rd.                FAX:  +44 (0)865
> 272469
> Oxford OX1 3PT,   United Kingdom               Tel:  +44 (0)865
> 272434
>

> ---End of forwarded mail from Confocal Microscopy List

Hello,

I'd like to clear this up.  The standard image format used by the
InterVision system is the SGI movie file format.  However, we
do provide a converter to translate that format into a standard
TIFF file.  Also, the twoD and threeD analysis modules, within
InterVision, read multiple image format TIFF files.

The TIFF file conforms to the TIFF 6.0 standards for 8-bit gray scale
data and may contain multiple images.  NORAN has registered
several private tags with Aldus which are used to maintain acquisition
specific information in the file.  Any TIFF reader worth it's salt should
ignore these, without any side effects.

If you know of problems with a specific TIFF reader, please let us know.

Thanks

--

                -- Scott
                (608) 831-6511