CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
From:
"Martin Th. A. Bos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 10:35:24 +0100
We are studying dairy systems with fluorescence-CSLM, using rhodamine as
dye, YHS filter block, but find that the intensity near the edges of the
picture is considerably less than near the center. At high zoom factors
this is not such a problem, but at lower zoom factors it gets worse. Does
anyone know a simple explanation behind this? Could this be helped by a
better alignment of the microscope? Though experienced with operating the
MRC600, we are novices to aligning it. The operator at our department does
not seem very concerned, so we would appreciate some outside help.

Thanks,

Martin Bos and Marieke van Marle
Wageningen Agricultural University, The Netherlands.