CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
From:
"Martin Th. A. Bos" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 10:10:00 +0100
>We recently had a similar problem, which turned out to be related to the
>"uv upgradability" of ourMRC600.  It was solved by having the modified
>adapter (for lack of the precise term) installed instead of the one ours
>was originally supplied with.  At the time this was taken care of, we
>were told that BioRad knows the original piece doesn't work properly, but
>that they haven't been changing them over until the customers scream &
>yell...this seems to be consistent with ongoing discussions, although
>our new service rep was quick to identify the problem once he
>came on board.

Thanks very much for this suggestion, actually the MRC600 also works with a
UV laser. At the moment we are checking the scanhead module first, if that
doen't work I may be asking you more about this adapter. Anyway I will post
a report of all the proceedings when we learn more.

Martin Bos.