CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
From:
DAVE CARROLL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 00:17:35 -0500
"Michal Opas asks:

The question is:
Do you know of easy way of converting BioRad .PIC files to standard .TIF
files. The program would have to deal with multi-image .PIC files and split
them, if possible without asking for a new filename every time, into single
TIFF files.  Also, an option of performing batch jobs would be appreciated."

Michal-

My quick answer is that the software program "NIH Image" can import BioRad
PIC files and you can then save them in TIFF or PICT format. I do not know
about its ability to split batch files. It is shareware, but I do not know
of the location. You can get in touch with me and I would be happy to
provide you with a copy of the program.

Sincerely,

Dave Carroll
Dept. of Physiology