CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
From:
Christoph Viebahn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 12:57:41 +0100
Perhaps, the comparison of the new fluorescent dyes Cy3, Cy5
(and maybe others?) with their more established counterparts in the use
with secondary antibodies has been a topic of discussion on this list
before. If this is the case could someone please direct me to the
archive, if it is not I would like to find out:
1) how much stronger (unbleachable) are they?
2) how stable are the conjugates during storage?
3) how do they perform as double labels?
4) what are the disadvantages of the new dyes (I have heard of
background problems)?
5) why are the old fogies still around (is there a significant price
difference)?

Christoph Viebahn
Institute of Anatomy
University of Bonn