CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1995

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 15:10:46 PST
I have assembled a small manual desribing the use of NIH Image (on a Mac)
for post-acquisition processing of CLSM images (both single images and
stacks). I have also included a set of Image Macros  to facilitate such
operations as reading a Z-series, preparing a merged double (or triple)
label colored image, making stereos, red/green stereos, and color merged
Z-series. I have also included a FileMaker Pro Database Template to keep
records of images and acquisition parameters. This frees up the confocal
for image acquisition and allows you to do most post-processing in your own
labs on a small local machine.

These are available from the standard NIH Image ftp site.
The file is contained in the "documents" subdirectory, and is entitled
"confocals.hqx". It is a self  extracting archive (*.sea), and most readily
downloaded using Fetch 2.1.2 on a Mac.
 ftp:   zippy.nimh.nih.gov
login:  anonymous
password:  anon
cd:   /pub/image/documents

Please let me know if these are useful to you, and any suggestions you may
have for their improvement. Please mail comments to me directly at
"[log in to unmask]", as I do not routinely check this bulletin board.
                                                regards, Harvey Karten

 Harvey J. Karten, M.D.
 Dept. of Neurosciences
 Univ.California San Diego