CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

From:
Michael Cammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 13:21:40 -0400
We haven't tried them with confocal, but with video microscopy they work
fine.  They should work fine for confocal except, maybe, right at the
edges of the grid or lettering photoetching.
We used photoetched coverslips from Bellco (P.O. Box B, 340 Edrudo Road,
Vineland, NJ 08360  (609) 691-1075) to look at fields of live cells and
then, after fixing and staining, to locate the same cells.  Worked great
with video and, with phase contrast at high magnification, the etching
didn't interfere with decent images of the cells.  We never doubted they
would work with the confocal.   -Michael Cammer