CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

From:
Shinhan Shiu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 15:01:03 UNDEFINED
Dear confocal people,

I am now studying the tissue-specific distribution of a putative transmembrane
receptor in Arabidopsis by fluorescence microscopy. According to the
protocol I got for localization of a nuclear protein in corn, I have to treat
thin sections with proteinase K which may have a detrimental effect to the
protein I want to study.

Does anyone have an idea about the rationale for apllying proteinase K? Or
references discuss about it?

Thanks in advance.

Shinhan Shiu
Dept of Botany, Univ of Wisc-Madison