CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

From:
John Cork <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 11:50:17 -0500
>We have been debating the pros and cons of an inverted against an
>upright microscope for confocal applications.
>
>Are there any experiments that can be done ONLY using an upright ?

In brain slices we have been unable to do any experiments involving impaling
cells from above for intracellular recording etc while observing from below.

An inverted microscope is also not the best configuration for any slice
experiments as the cells on the bottom of the slice have the least access to
medium, oxygen, drugs etc.
JOHN
John Cork
Calcium Imaging Facility,