CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 11:54:47 -0500
We are trying to get (semi)quantitative data of the distribution of an
immunofluorescently labeled cell surface protein using x-z (vertical
section) scans using laser scanning confocal microscopy.  To do this, we
would like to get an estimate of the beam diameter that irradiates the
surface of the cell.  We are using a Bio-Rad MRC600 with Kr-Ar laser and
FITC excitation, with a Zeiss 63X/1.4NA Planapo Achromat objective.  Does
anyone have an estimate of beam size, or a method that could be used to
calculate it?

Thanks!