CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 21:47:14 -0500
                      Subject:                              Time:  9:34 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Image Archiving Programs              Date:  8/29/95

This is probably an issue that has been discussed on this list, but I would
appreciate hearing about peoples experience with Image Archiving Software. I
have looked at Fetch, Kudo and the Kodak offering (Shoe Box?), but none of
these seem satisfactory.

What I am looking for is something fairly simple. A catalog of image thumb
nails with heirarchical filing  within the catalog, with some minor
annotation capabilities, with reasonable searching capabilities,  with
customizable image formats (such as in NIH Image - we have very non standard
image formats),  that runs on a Macintosh. And of course the thumb nail
should know where to find the real image.

If it were closer to Christmas I might also ask for a customizable filter
between the image and the thumb nail that allowed for some minor processing
of the image. Some of our data would look better in a thumb nail if it was
high pass filtered first.

Something like this must be available somewhere, with all the digital imaging
going on out there?!

Jan