CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 1995

Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 1995 15:06:21 -1100
>My friend in Japan is going to introduce a video-rate confocal microscopy
>to his lab.  He is considering two confocal microscopes, one is Noran the
>other is Nikon. Does anyone know other commercially available vide-rate
>confocal microscope?

The Nikon is a spot scan spot detection system.  It's the only one I
know that works at video rates.

The Noran (in fluorescence mode) is spot scan / slit detect.  Another
machine that works that way is the Lasertec (Japan).

There are also slit scan slit detect systems, such as the Meridian
Insight (USA) and the BioRad Viewscan DVC (UK).

Then there are the spinning disk (non laser based) systems about which
I shall say nothing since anything one says will bring someone charging
in on a hobby horse.

                        Guy Cox