CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1995

From:
Natalie James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 13:22:34 EST
I use Fluo-3 AM to monitor calcium fluxes in endothelial cells exposed to
flow in a flow chamber mounted on a krypton/argon confocal (Leica).  I need
to extend the experiment time out to an hour.  The fluo-3 is retained, but
it will be necessary to calibrate the signal in different experiments.  I am
planning to use a dual dye loading technique and intend to try CMTMR
co-loaded with the Fluo-3. I know that there is an assumption of similar dye
distributions.

Has anyone tried this technique for this purpose?
Any comments on CMTMR or possible alternative dyes that could be suitable?
Dr. Natalie James
CSIRO Division of Biomolecular Engineering
Riverside Corporate Park
PO Box 184
North Ryde NSW 2113, AUSTRALIA

(Ph) 61-2-886-4885 (Fax) 61-2-886-4818