CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1995

From:
David Hitrys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 1995 12:21:00 EST
                          Applications Scientists
                           Employment Opportunity
                          Fluorescence Microscopy

                         Boston Massachusetts Area

 The Scanalytics division of CSPI is looking to add to our team of
 Applications Scientists.  The new position is for our Fluorescence
 Microscopy product line which includes software-based instruments for
 performing high-resolution, quantitative 3D fluorescence microscopy.

 As this product line has experienced tremendous growth in the past few
 months, we find that we would like to add to our pre- and post- sales
 applications team so that we may continue to provide the high level of
 support that has contributed to our success.

 The position will require that you interact with potential and current
 customers to answer their questions on how the Scanalytics products may be
 configured to be most appropriate for their work and to perform benchmark
 studies.  You will occasionally be called upon to perform installations of
 the instruments, to deliver technical presentations to interested
 audiences, and to travel with sales representatives (domestic and
 international) to answer technical questions.  Your experience will be
 needed to help in the design of new products and to write technical
 bulletins regarding current products.

 The ideal candidate will bring several years of hands-on experience with
 biological fluorescence microscopy, especially computer-based (PC)
 instruments as applied in this work.  A good working knowledge of
 scientific-grade low-light cameras and microscope automation equipment is
 also desired.  The position will involve approximately 50% travel away
 from our Boston-area office.  A BS in the life sciences or biomedical
 engineering is highly desirable.

 The main product is the result of a technology transfer agreement with the
 University of Massachusetts in Worcester (Dr. Fredric Fay and the
 Biomedical Imaging Group).  The product line is called CELLscan and
 includes the Exhaustive Photon Reassignment (TM) (EPR) algorithm developed
 and patented by Dr. Fay's group.  This algorithm is licensed exclusively
 to Scanalytics.  The net effect of the EPR process is to re-assign
 out-of-focus light back to its proper place of origin.  This results in
 images of very high resolution where small, dim features are revealed.  It
 also permits specimens to be imaged very rapidly and with a non-laser
 light source.

 Anyone interested in exploring this opportunity  should send a C.V. and
 any other relevant information in confidence to:

 David Hitrys, Product Manager
 Scanalytics Division of CSPI
 40 Linnell Circle
 Billerica, MA  01821