CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 1995

From:
Charles Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 09:52:06 -0600
>How do you insure that a confocal microscope is in proper alignment for
>optimum resolution? beads, mirrors, fluorochrome well slides, special
>samples???? There does not seem to be any guidelines that I have found. Any
>suggestions?

Unless you bought your microscope from some guy on the street corner hiding
it beneath his raincoat, any confocal microscope manufacturer should be
able to provide you with alignment guidelines for their microscope.

I could give you specific instructions for the confocal WE happen to have,
but it would be irrelevant unless we happen to have the same confocal
microscope that you do.

Try the manufacturer and, failing that, let us know your brand name and
type.  I'm sure someone on this list could provide you with specific
instructions if the company can't come through for you.

Good luck!

--
Charles Thomas
Integrated Microscopy Resource