CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
Robert Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 13:35:25 -0500
Lets see thing clearly,

There are two thype of Zeiss water immersion objectives..

The first type are for dipping into a water media and are corrected for use
without cover slips, these objectives are used exclusively  on upright
microscopes, generally fixed stage types..

The second type of water immersions objectives have a correction collar for
the useor non use of cover slips, with Zeiss without cover slip is shown as
OD. There objectives can be used on upright or inverted microscopes.

The objective that is mentioned as an optimum objective for the Confocal
Microscope is the C- Apo 1.25 na objective and it is designed for use on the
inverted microscope specifically for use with samples that are in a water
media, thus matching the refractive index between the specimen and objective
immersion media

For further information contact your local Zeiss Representative for a
specification sheet on Zeiss Objectives.

Regards

Robert Parsons
Carl Zeiss Canada

.Ralf: