CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
"Bluestein, Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 18:49:43 -0500
        Regarding staining blood, the question is what would you like to stain
in the blood. If, for example, you would like to stain platelets, you can
do so by using a dye like FITC conjugated to a secondary antibody, which
binds to a primary antibody that binds to the platelet membrane. Both
(the FITC in conjugated form, and the primary antibody) can be purchased
from Sigma Chemicals, USA, and they could fax you the protocol for
staining. However, the price may be penalizing if relatively large
amounts are needed. I have such a problem as I need to stain around 100ml
of whole blood for each run, and I am trying to find out if partial
staining (~1%-5% of the platelets) could do the job.
  Danny