CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 10:02:32 -0800
Hi Tim,

Since I am unsure of your setup this is just a suggestion.  We have found
it possible to give very high concentrations (30mg/kg) of hoechst 33342  to
in-vivo preps.  You can then see the nuclei of the white blood cells
flowing through the vessels.  It also stains the nuclei of the vessels so
you have a static image of the endothelial cell nuclei and a moving image
of the white cells.  All you need is a fluorescence 'scope with a UV block.
However, I am sure it would be even better on a confocal.

Craig.

>I am hoping to use a confocal to determine blood flow through an artery/vein
>with a goretex site. A small site of the artery is being removed and goretex
>tubing used to replace the dissected region. The artery is very close to the
>surface of the skin in the ear.
>
>I would like to know if anyone has techniques and/or suggestions of the most
>applicable dyes that may be useful for this experiment. It is important the
>dye is vital, as the experiment will be in vivo. It will be possible to block
>the artery for a short time (or time intervals) to stop blood flow for
>measurements??
>
>Currently using an Optiscan LSCM.
>
>Thanks in advance
>TIM

>The Microsearch Foundation of Australia
>Name: Tim Cushway
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>Date: 01/29/96
>Time: 11:12:08

Craig J. Daly
Research Associate                     tel:       0141 330 6606
CRI Heart Failure                      fax:       0141 330 4100
IBLS                                   email:     [log in to unmask]
University of Glasgow                  email:     [log in to unmask]
Glasgow G12 8QQ.

Web Site                               http://130.209.48.91/pages/vascular.htm
__