CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
Ernst Niggli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:14:35 +0100
Comments:
RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and ignored. RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and ignored.
We have used mixtures of Fluo-3 and Fura-Red in isolated cardiac
myocytes as well as in others cells. While loading is quite variable
with the AM-ester technique, dialysis via a patch-clamp electrode
produces very consistent and reproducible results.

As pointed out by Stepen Cody, signals from AM-loaded cells cannot
be calibrated quantitatively because of these problems. If you are
interested in calibrated Ca signals you need to patch the cells for

We also found significant binding and changes of the dye properties
in-vivo, suggesting that a in-vivo calibration for the mixture has
to be performed (Lipp, Luescher, Niggli, Cell Calcium, in press).

I hope this helps

Ernst Niggli
Department of Physiology
University of Bern