CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 20:14:54 +1000
>We have a Neurolucida system and a Leica 4D confocal. Now I want to use the
>serial sequence of images obtained through the confocal microscopy to trace
>the neuron by the Neurolucida system. The problem is that the image format
>for Neurolucida is BMP and the confocal image format is TIFF, how can I
>use the confocal images by the Neurolucid? If someone has the experience
>about this, please give me the information. Thank you for your attention.
>
>best wishes.
>
>Jizhong WANG

In the MSDOS world there are many shareware programs that will do
TIFF <> BMP comversions - Paint Shop Pro is probably the most
popular and the best, whereas Image Alchemy offers a much wider
range of conversions.

On the MAC the ubiquitous JPEGview will do it, and so will the shareware
Graphic Converter (which offers a lot more conversions and facilities)

I use, and can recommend, all of these!

                                                Guy Cox