CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
"Bluestein, Danny" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 13:47:23 -0500
 Form: Announcement
   Announcement: I'd appreciate getting any help regarding the use of
scanning laser confocal microscopy for measurements in blood:
I am using a confocal scanning laser microscopy system with which I
intend to measure platelet aggregation in human blood in an in vitro flow
loop (approx. 100ml of whole blood), using FITC for flourescence
(conjugated with secondary antibody that binds to a primary antibody that
binds to the platelet membrane). My question follows: do I have to label
all the platelets, or is it enough to label only a small percentage of
the platelets (e.g., 1% in PRP form?). The reason I am asking is because
the conjugated FITC and the primary antibody are sold in very small
amounts (1 ml bottles), and are fairly expensive.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Dr. Danny Bluestein
Mechanical Engineering Department
Florida International University