CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
Dr M Cannell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 15:00:53 PST
On Tue, 23 Jan 1996 14:41:36 +0100 Ralf Steinmeyer wrote:

> I have just tried the Program Confocal Assistant. As I understand
it, to
> work with series in Confocal Assistant a single .pic file has to
contain
> the whole series. Our ZEISS Confocal Microscope saves z-series as
TIFF files
> with one single image of the series in each file, so I think they
have to
> be connected to one .pic file.
>
> Does anyone know how to convert TIFF files taken as a z-series with
> ZEISS Confocal Microscope to a Biorad .pic file?

Dear Ralph

We have had a similar problem. The Biorad file (as I remember it
-others please correct if I'm wrong) has a 512 byte header with lots
of info about the picture etc. To translate the file from Zeiss tiff
you will have to read the Zeiss header to get the resolution info etc.
I have a Zeiss but I don't have the information on the Zeiss header.
Perhaps someone else in the group has this info. in which case I would
like it for future reference also. In any case, a special prgram will
probably have to be written (by someone) to create a pic. file...

Regards Mark Cannell