CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 1996

Sender:
From:
Lance Ladic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 01:24:22 -0500
To Whom It May Concern,

As a final (?) followup to the original poster who asked about converting a
series of TIFF files generated by a Zeiss LSCM into a single Bio-Rad PIC file,
I have now posted my crude workaround, complete with a simple MSDOS executable
that will create a "dummy" Rio-Rad PIC file header that you can custom generate
and add to an image stack.  (all of this is assuming that you can convert your
TIFF files to RAW files, using software I recommend.)  I am not aware of how
"customized" the Zeiss TIFF files are (i.e. with additional tags), but I would
assume that you can treat them as "ordinary" grayscale TIFF files for the
purpose of conversion to another image format?

As an "added bonus" (!?) I have included some basic information about the
Bio-Rad LUT (color Look Up Table) structure that some of you may find useful
if using the Confocal Assistant software for customizing the colour of your
confocal image stacks.

All of this can be found on a Web page at my site:

        http://www.cs.ubc.ca/spider/ladic/fileform.html#HEADER

Like I say, all of this is kind of crude, but it should work!

I hope you find it useful!

Regards,

--Lance.

Lance Ladic