CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

Sender:
From:
Peter Stalmans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 08:27:26 +0100
At 05:49 PM 2/26/96 EST, you wrote:
>On Mon, 26 Feb 1996 16:07:57 -0500 Jose A. Feijo wrote:
>We just put a Pinnacle RCD-5040 into the Pentium from Zeiss, and
>wrote our first disc.  This disc was readable by the Pentium that
>created it, a CD-ROM reader on another Pentium running
>Windows NT, and a Power Mac CD-ROM reader.  So far so
>good.
>
>However, another Pentium from Micron and a Mac Centris 650
>could not read the disc.

We use a Philips CDD 2000 recorder on a Pentium, using Windows 95 as
operating system.
If you want to read a CD-R in another operating system (DOS, OS/2, Win 3.x,
Mac,...) you have to make sure your CD is recorder writing in the ISO 9660
file format (which is a standard that does not allow long file names as in
Win95 or NT), otherwise it may not be readable by other machines.
You did not specify which software you use for the disk creation, but you
should look for "Disk Properties" in the software to specify this format.

Hope this helps,

Peter Stalmans, MD
Laboratory of Physiology KULeuven
Herestraat 49