CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 1996

Sender:
From:
moninger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:41:32 -0600
On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Todd Kirk wrote:

> -=> Greetings,
> -=>       I know that Scion has a video rate frame grabber optimized for a PCI
> -=> bus.  Does anyone have a video rate frame grabber for a 6100 Power Mac or a
> -=> 90 MHz Pentium PC?
> -=>         Thanks in advance.
> -=>
> Hey .......
>             For the Pentium ...... you can try MATROX. We are about
> to get one of these boards. I hope that it works out, I remember a
> message on the sci.image list that did not say very good things about
> the company. But, we have an EISA one right now and it seems to work
> well. ~TODD~
>
> They have a page .....  www.matrox.com .......

We have recently purchased a Matrox Meteor (and the Inpector software
package) for a 120MHz Pentium and have been quite happy.  It grabs NTSC,
SECAM, PAL and RGB.  One note--it is only as good as the signal.  One of
our SEMs has a video out that is not quite a true NTSC and the image
reflects that.

Thomas Moninger   ([log in to unmask])
Central Electron Microscopy Research Facility
85 EMRB  University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA 52242   319-335-8142